HOLY CRAP - can you believe how freaking awesome this chair looks??
If you're reading this you may or may not know me, but chances are if you know me - you know the story of this chair, but just in case, here's a brief summation of the events.
Aaron & I adopted Sam, an Irish Wolfhound (very sweet dog)
Sam ate the chair - no kidding, huge gaping hole in it - there's a picture below, but the picture does not do that hole justice. I cried and screamed and cussed.
Then, I called my friend Brooke. Now, Brooke is an extremely talented seamstress (to be fair - I don't think seamstress is the best title for what she does - she can design and sew just about anything - she's amazing) and I thought she might be able to tell me if it was possible for me to fix this. She says she'll do it for me. What? Yep, she'll do it for me. One problem - she lives about 6 hours away from me. Hmmm.... I offer to drive the chair to her house. She says no - we'll meet halfway. Then... the most amazing thing happened. She tells a coworker the story and it just so happens that her boyfriend is taking some intense training where I live and drives back and forth every couple of weeks or so. Ok, so two days (yes, two days) after the dog ate the chair, I drive the chair to this generous man's house for him to drive over to my friend Brooke's house. Well, last night - the generous man drove it back and delivered it to my front door! Now, tell me that just didn't work out about as perfect as could be. All I had to do was pick out and buy the fabric (and I must say - now that I see the finished product, I think I did a fine job).
But, without a doubt, the superstar of this story is Brooke. She does do custom work, so if you're interested in hiring her, post a comment and I'll get you in touch with her.
So... without further ado, here's the transformation of the chair.
Monday, September 12, 2005
This is for a friend of mine who has a shower coming up. I used Excel to chart out the "T" on the hat for the University of Tennessee Vols. To do this, change the row height to 10 and the column width to 1.5 and then fill the cells with color as needed. I used Ann Budd's hat pattern from "The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns" and I used the Class Cashmere Bootees from "Simple Knits for Cherished Babies" by Erika Knight (I love, love, love all of her books!). I plan on making something similar for the other people I know who are preggers (whew - and there are quite a few!).