Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sherpa Hat

I made this hat from some wool I bought online from Topsy Farms. When I went to look for the link I found a new website. I can't even see that they still sell yarn. I'm guessing that they probably do. I bought their 3-ply and used about 1 hank (160 yards). I could've used less, but I really don't remember - it's been a long time since I knit this hat up. I sort of made up the pattern using "Cover Your Ears" from Interweave knits as my inspiration and guidance. The border and ear flaps are done in seed stitch and the upper hat is stockinette stitch. I love wearing this hat. It's a little scratchy, but super warm. You can't see it in this picture, but at the end of the ear flaps I've got about 7" of crochet chain and then a small pom-pom at the end.


No comments: